Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Monetary Gain.

At work today I was thinking about how much the things I work on cost. I mean today alone I put almost two grand worth of parts on one airplane! And that's just parts not labor! O.K. let me just put it this way. I've worked on only three airplanes this week, (and it's only wednesday night) one of those three planes cost half of a million dollars! Just one of the three! The other two equal up to $500,000. So this week alone parts and planes included I've messed with over a million dollars worth of equipment! I'm finding it harder and harder to not covet where I'm working.

On a side note I got to take home a propeller spinner. For those of you that don't know, it's the pointy thing that is in the middle of the propeller. We replaced it with a newer one on a Cessna 310 last fall. My boss was going to throw it out, until he saw me messing with it and he then offered it to me. I'm either going to make wall art out of it or turn it into a viking helmet and wear it as such.

I took Stella, our dog, for a run today. She was couped up all day in her cage waiting for us to come home, so I figured she needed one. I'm getting kinda bummed out though. The weather is getting warmer, and huskies don't do well running in temperatures over 50 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm going to have to resort to walking Stella and making sure that when I do, I have enough water for the both of us.

Anybody catch the Dookie Houser reference on this week's "How I Met Your Mother" episode? I was thinking today that he must have been the world's first blogger. Kinda weird hunh?

Last thought before I jump off. I want to go snowboarding. I got a snowboard for Christmas and have yet to use it. My friend Eric's sister-in-law gave me and Katrina lift tickets to go but we haven't. I'm guessing that this weekend might be our last good weekend to go so pray that we get to.

Alright that's it.

Goodnight.

0 comments: